In many predominantly Muslim cultures, virginity is traditionally highly valued before marriage, deeply rooted in societal beliefs. However, in the modern era, some women may consider engaging in sexual activity before marriage, reflecting changing perspectives and lifestyles.
This cultural shift brings about a tension between traditional values and contemporary choices, highlighting the evolving dynamics of personal relationships and cultural norms in the context of societal change.
Social pressure is so strong in a country like Syria, another predominantly Muslim country. Hence, a woman can never think of going for a hymenoplasty in Syria to restore their virginity. So, the best course of action for a woman will be to visit Dubai, and meet Dr. Nazmi Baycin and seek help.
A few countries in the world, where hymenoplasty may be legal, however, due to severe social rejection of this medical procedure it may be unthinkable for a woman to seek this procedure.
These days in the market, there is another Chinese-made product available that also promises to replace the women’s hymen easily. This may be a cheaper alternative to hymenoplasty, as many hospitals charge an excessive amount for such hymenoplasty treatment.
What is Hymenoplasty?
Hymenoplasty, also called hymenorrhaphy or revirgination surgery, is a surgical procedure to reconstruct the hymen, a thin membrane covering the vaginal opening with no specific function. In some cultures, the hymen is seen as proof of virginity, and this surgery is known as vaginal restoration.
The hymen can naturally rupture due to various activities, including sports, tampon use, or menstrual cups, making hymen repair a cosmetic option or necessary for cultural reasons.
What can be expected during and after hymenoplasty?
- The procedure takes just 30-40 minutes.
- Rarely is general anaesthesia necessary; instead, local anaesthesia is typically employed.
- Performed as an outpatient procedure.
- Sutures are inserted, and they typically fall out on their own.
- Typically, the operation is scheduled any time six weeks before the wedding.
- It could feel tight at first.
- The hymen may feel tight due to the sutures that were put.
- If there is sexual activity while it is healing, it can break again. Therefore, sexual activity is prohibited for two weeks.
- Exercise and other strenuous activities should be avoided for two weeks to ensure full wound healing.
- The average time for full recovery and healing is two weeks.
Hymen repair, sought by many women before marriage, has gained popularity recently. Some believe it enhances the sexual experience. Medically, the hymen is a thin, often absent tissue at the vaginal opening, susceptible to rupture from activities like:
- Tampon use
Religious customs often demand an intact hymen and bleeding during first intercourse, driving women to opt for this surgery. Indeed, some individuals perceive hymenoplasty as a symbolic gift to their future spouses, reflecting a desire to adhere to cultural and religious expectations regarding virginity.
The rising demand for this procedure underscores the intricate interplay between cultural, religious, and personal influences.
Therefore, many women from Syria travel to Dubai for hymenoplasty surgery, as Dubai is considered the best option to get this surgical procedure performed under the experienced guidance of Dr. Nazmi Baycin. This procedure has now gained popularity in recent years too.